Sandra Zemialkowski's own words given under oath in her deposition June 5th, 2008:
The excerpts listed below are from a 149 page transcript of the deposition of Sandra Clarissa Zemialkowski conducted by my Attorney, Attorney Jessica Berrien, in the offices of Sandra Zemialkowski's Massachusetts Attorney at the time, Attorney Laura Arbeitman, on June 5th, 2008. Sandra Zemialkowski was physically present at the depostion together with her Massachusetts Attorney at the time, Attorney Laura Arbeitman.
Sensitive information such as phone numbers and addresses have been intentionally blacked out and responses that are of particular interest have been highlighted by me in yellow.
Kali Soleil Athukorala's abductor, Sandra Clarissa Zemialkowski (middle), and her parents Walter (right) and Clara Violeta Zemialkowski(left), taken around January 2008, Dominican Republic
The following links are to documents in .pdf format (adobe acrobat reader) and will open in a new window:
1. Excerpt from depostion regarding oath -- in this excerpt Sandra acknowledges that she understands that she is under oath.
2. Excerpt from Deposition regarding why Sandra left in December 2007 with Kali Soleil Athukorala -- Sandra responds to several questions regarding the circumstances surrounding her removal of Kali Soleil from Kali's home in Massachusetts on December 21st, 2007.
3. Excerpt from deposition regarding abuse -- In this excerpt Sandra responds to several questions on whether I abused her. Sandra also responds to questions regarding our relationship.
4. Excerpt from Sandra Zemialkowski's deposition regarding citizenship -- in this excerpt Sandra responds to several questions regarding her citizenship.
Sandra Clarissa Zemialkowski in February 2010
In February 2010 Sandra Clarissa Zemialkowski gave an interview to a local newspaper which was running a story on Kali Soleil's abduction. Almost 2 years after providing a sworn deposition you can read her current version of the facts in the case at the link below:
You can contrast her current version of her story with the sworn deposition she gave almost 2 years earlier.
In February 2010 Sandra Clarissa Zemialkowski claims:
- It was "understood" that when she left she was not coming back. Her sworn affidavit provided in the previous section she addresses this approximately 6 months after taking Kali from her home.
- Sandra Zemialkowski claims that she was 'wronged' according to the newspaper article despite the fact that Sandra Clarissa Zemialkowski was afforded 'due process' under the law and told her side of the story to the judge in the custody case. She was present personally or was represented by an Attorney at all the hearings that took place between March 2008 and April 2009.
Sandy (Sandra) Zemialkowski's affidavit to the courts promising to obey all court orders and recognize the courts in Massachusetts as the only courts with jurisdiction over matters relating to Kali's custody and care.